- Gooseberry/Amla/Nellika – 1/2 kg
- Chilli powder – 5 tsp
- Asoefotida – 1 tsp
- Salt – 4 tsp
- oil – 4 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Red chilli – 3 -4 no.s
- Wash the gooseberry and then steam it for 5 – 10 min.
- Allow it to cool.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Add chilli powder, asoefotida and salt and mix well
- Take oil in a pan, add mustard, once it starts spluttering add curry leaf and red chilli.
- Add the gooseberry mixture and mix it well.
Your tasty pickle is ready to serve…..