It’s simple and yummy. Cook the caramel custard at home.
Ingredients for Caramel Custard
Sugar – 50 gm (25 +25 gm)
Butter to grease
Milk – 150 ml or 2/3 cup
Egg – 1 no.
Vanilla essence – a few drops
Whipped Cream – 40 ml
Tinned Cherry – 1 tin
- To make caramel custard first heat sugar in a pan, caramelise the sugar and pour in the greased mould ( I use serving bowls) and let the caramelized sugar to cool.
- Heat the milk in a pot and keep it aside for it to cool.
- Break the whole egg in a bowl, add sugar , vanilla essence and whisk nicely.
- Now pour the warm milk in it and whisk again.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Pour the mixture in the mould ( cover the mould with aluminium foil, to prevent water to enter the moulds.)
- Place the moulds in a deep tray and half filled with water
- Place in the oven at 160 degrees centigrade to cook for 30 mins.
- When cooked, allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Demould the caramel custard and decorate them with whipped cream and cherries and serve cold.