A tangy soup with flavour of tinged tomatoes, the Cream of Tomato Soup is a choice of every Indian taste buds. A mix of tomato puree and naturally cooked tomatoes with exotic flavors and mixed into a rich soup, which is made all the more lush by the addition of cream. Serve this appetizer with crisp bread garnishes.
Butter – 4 tsp
Onion – 2 Nos
Carrot – 4 Nos
Tomato – 4-5 medium sized
Flour – 4 tsp
Vegetable Stock or water – 1.4 litres
Bouquet Garni – 50 Grams
Salt – as per the taste
Pepper – as per the taste
Croutons or Fried Bread
Cream – 2 tsp
- Melt the butter in a pan
- add onion and carrot
- Cut the tomatoes and add to the pan
- Add flour and cook a little
- Gradually add hot stock
- Add bouquet Garni and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain it and check for the correct seasoning.
- In a clean pan pour the soup and bring it to boil.
- Garnish the soup with cream and crouton.
Note : CROUTON : Deep fried cubes of bread.
Bouquet Garni : Thyme leaves, Parsleyleaves, Bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks tied in a piece of clean muslin cloth