Sponge Cake – 100 gm
Mix Fruit Jam – 2 tbsp.
Sugar – 50 gm
Water – to dilute
Papaya – 1/2 no.
Pineapple – 1/2 no.
Green grapes – 10 no.s
Banana – 1 no.
Apple – 1 no.
Milk – 1/2 litre
Sugar – 50-60 gms
Custard powder – 20-30 gms
Whipped Cream – 80 ml
Milk Maid – 50 ml
Mix fruit Jam – 50 gm
Mint Leaves – a few sprigs
Green Grapes – a few nos.
- Cut the sponge cake horizontally and apply melted mix fruit jam on the sponge cake and sandwich them.
- Cut the sponge cake into cubes.
- Arrange a sponge cake on a serving dish
- Dilute the sugar (50 gm) with water and sprinkle on the sponge cubes to soak.
- Wash and cut all the fruits into dices except green grapes.
- Place the mixed fruits on the soaked sponge properly.
- Boil milk in a pot and add sugar.
- Then add diluted custard powder little by little and keep whisking with a whisk.
- Cook on the range for two minutes
- Cool the sauce.
- Fold in the Whipped Cream in it and add milk maid to add extra taste.
- Apply custard sauce on the fruits and level it properly.
- Level the jam with knife and give feathered icing of cream and jam on the custard.
- Refrigerate it.
- Serve fruit trifle chilled with fresh mint leaves and grapes.
Variation : you can also add strawberries, peaches pomegranate.