Ingredients for Phoote Gubbare :
For the filling :
Puri : 1 Packet
Coriander : 1 Bowl fine chopped.
Pomegranate : 1/2 Bowl
Onion : 1/2 Bowl fine chopped
Coconut : 3 tbsp grated
Chat Masala- 1tsp to 1 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
For the Pani
Roasted Zeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
Lemon- 1 medium sized
Tamarind – small lemon size soaked in water
Jaggery – 150-200 gms
Mint – 9-10 leaves
- Mix pomegranate , onion, coconut and spices in a bowl.
- Add a 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- Place the puris on a plate and fill them with the above filling.
- Heat the jaggery till it melts.
- Extract the tamarind paste and let it boil till the raw taste of the tamarind is no more. Let it cool
- Now, Mix the melted jaggery and the tamarind paste .
- Then, add Zeera powder, chilli powder and squeeze 1/2 lemon juice in the mixture.
- Add 3 tbsp of coriander leaves and mint leaves . Refrigerate for an hour.
Your phoote gubbare is ready to be served. Serve with filled puris with the prepared pani.
The recipe was contributed by my students for Dishinabowl